Post 541: Can't Get Enough

Stardate:71101.2100
Title: Can't Get Enough
Author: Dabin Reece
Scene: Seven
Time: After Masquerade
-------------------------------
"Do not make me strangle you with the golden Lasso of Truth, Reece. I'll do it, I swear." Zanh Liis said through gritted teeth.

Dabin watched as the Captain stepped past Ensign Owen and disappeared into the crowd in a whoosh of red, white, and blue.

*I think she may be serious Dabin, about strangling you. Maybe you should let her be.* February's voice spoke the words of caution in his head.

*Oh but it would so be worth it! You have no idea February. Zanh Liis has cracked the door open and this may be my only chance to get through.*

*You are on your own.* February stepped back, knowing that much like a Klingon warrior slaying his enemy or a Ferengi making his first strip of latinum, there are some things in life a man just must do, some things they were meant to do. For Reece, it was to tease Zanh Liis right here and now.

He had pushed her before, and knew exactly how far he could go with her. If he passed this up, he may regret it for the rest of his life. He made his way through the crowd, pardoning himself as he pushed through his costumed shipmates...

"Pardon me Lord Vader, excuse me Batguy."

"Bat-MAN." Owen clarified.

"Man, of course." Reece nodded to Blane next, and then Margolis. "Say hi to Caesar for me. Nice gams ma'am."

Zanh Liis was on her tip toes scanning the crowd, no doubt looking for the Vedek. As she spun slowly, she suddenly realized someone was standing right next to her. She lowered herself down to rest her red boots flat on the floor, still towering a few inches above Reece.

"What?" She hissed. Her fists balled on her hips.

"This was Camen's idea wasn't it? For a guy who wears the same outfit everyday, he sure has a great sense of women's fashion."

"I came here at his behest, as for the costume selection, I narrowed it down and Barbie helped me make the final choice. Is your curiosity satisfied now Mr. Reece?" Liis more sighed his name then spoke it.

"If there is one thing I don't have this evening it's unsatisfied curiosity. Seriously though, let me know the replicator pattern for that. If I ever get another female host this is going to have to be on my to do list. Or maybe I'll just cross dress."

"If I ever catch you cross dressing, I'll have you committed. Besides," She reached out and wrapped her finger around Reece's floral suspenders. "You are much better off dressed like Bavaria's finest, Pinocchio. Leave the women's clothes to those of us who are built for it, like the Blue Fairy over there." She pulled the strap out and let it go, snapping it back against his chest.

"Hey! No touchy the suspenders Liisy. I think someone is looking for you."

Standing on a table in the corner was Jariel Camen, in full mime regalia, his hands cupped around his mouth as if he were yelling to get Zanh Liis' attention. "If you'll excuse me." Reece figured Liis had had enough, and his mischievous nature towards Liis had been satisfied, at least for today. He had one more goal for this evening.

Dabin waved at February, who seemed glad to see he was still alive. He made his way up to the stage, and got the attention of the holographic band leader. Reece leaned over and whispered in his ear. The leader nodded.

"As soon as we wrap this song up Mr. Reece."

Dabin looked out into the crowd, where his blue fairy stood with a skeptical look on her face. Her hand on her chin and a smirk on her face that seemed to say "What are you up to Mr. Reece?"

The band wrapped up their song, and the leader said "Whenever you are ready Mr. Reece."

Dabin stepped to the microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen, if I can have you attention please. There is a lady in the house tonight, a very special lady, that means a lot to me. No, not you Liis. I'm talking about my little Blue Fairy. He signaled the band, and slow and soulful jazz music began to play. Reece began to speak into the microphone.... in a very... very.... deep voice.

I've heard people say that,
Too much of anything is not good for you, baby
Oh no
But I don't know about that
There's many times that we've loved
We've shared love and made love
It doesn't seem to me like it's enough
There's just not enough of it
There's just not enough
Oh oh, babe

Dabin removed the microphone from the stand, leaning back, squinting his eyes and really belting it out now.

My darling I, can't get enough of your love babe
Girl, I don't know, I don't know why
Can't get enough of your love babe
Oh, some things I can't get used to
No matter how I try
Just like the more you give, the more I want
And baby, that's no lie
Oh no, babe

"Take it down now guys... lower... lower..... more bass. Oh yeah, that's right."

Reece looked right out at February now, speaking the next line.

Baby, it may take all of my life to find you,
But you can believe it's gonna take the rest of my life to keep you.

"One more chorus, I swear, hang in there."

My darling I, can't get enough of your love babe
Yeah, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know why
Can't get enough of your love babe
Oh my darling I, can't get enough of your love babe
Oh babe
I don't know, I don't know, I don't know why
I can't get enough of your love babe
Oh babe

"Thank you USS Independence!!! I'm here all week!" Reece stepped off the stage, to where February awaited him.

"Very romantic Dabin. I loved it." She kissed him on the cheek.

"Come on, let's get a drink. I think old Barry did a number on my vocal chords."

They made their way to the bar, where Kellyn and Salvek stood, wearing traditional Starfleet uniforms from the era of the first USS Enterprise.

Kellyn wore the short red skirt and matching low cut top of a communications officer and Salvek, by Reece's estimation, bore a striking resemblance to the first officer of that old ship, except for the symbol on his chest, which was certainly not the Starfleet symbol of that era. In fact, the symbol on his chest looked a lot more like a rare utensil.

"Who are you supposed to be?" Reece asked, "First Officer Spork?"

*************************************************************
Lt. Commander Dabin Reece
Acting Science Chief

Posts 201-565